To enable the congregation to understand the needs of individuals with disabilities and provide adequate supports for engagement in services and activities.
How we serve
- Make recommendations to the church board regarding steps that can be taken to make the church facilities more accessible for people with disabilities
- Assist the church in recognizing the physical and emotional needs of individuals with physical and mental differences
- Advise other ministries and church leadership regarding possible involvement of members who have disabilities
- Serve as a liaison with organizations providing services for people with disabilities.
- Provide resource materials for the congregation
Adapted from the North American Division Disabilities Ministry Website http://www.nadadventist.org/article/1073742476/ministries-services/ministries/disabilities-ministries